2x RG400 + 1x RG500 Nähe Jakarta

• Hallo zusammen,

bitte nur bei ernsthaftem Kaufinteresse melden, stelle gerne den Kontakt her.
    Fotos leite ich dann hier ein, sobald ich selbst welche erhalten werde.

Gruß
    Carsten (Aachen-Germany)

I am offering for sale my two Suzuki RG 400s and one RG 500, which I have owned since the late 1990s. While all three machines were purchased second-hand, only one has been ridden any distance: I put several thousand kilometres of local touring on the grey 400 (Engine: K301 – 108681 / Frame: HK31A – 108648), when it was still possible to get a temporary road permit.

The Walter Wolf 400 (Engine: K301 – 108673/ Frame: HK31A – 018578) and the 500 (no number on engine cases / Frame: HM31A 104384) were purchased around the time of the 1998 Asian financial crisis, and my own reduced circumstances meant that I was not able to rebuild the machines. I know how to work on motorcycles but do not consider myself a mechanic (I love to ride them and hate to work on them), and there is not even one motorcycle mechanic in Indonesia whom I would trust to overhaul these motorcycles.

More relevantly, full computerization of the Indonesian motor vehicle licensing system, combined with a relentless crackdown on illegally imported motorcycles, means that I would not be able to ride these Gammas on public roads, even if they were running properly.

Up until 2000 it was prohibited to legally import cars or motorcycles into Indonesia; thus, all machines had to be smuggled in, then licensed somehow through pliant police departments (payoffs would facilitate this). All this hanky-panky became very political and sensitive and has thus been stamped out. There are in fact thousands of big motorcycles sitting in the garages of enthusiasts around the country, which cannot be licensed. If the police catch you riding an illegal machine, they will take it away and you’ll never see it again.

In this environment, I have found that keeping my non-running Gammas has been impractical; I thus decided to offer them for sale, first to newsgroup members and then most probably on eBay.

The 400 engines are all in reasonable mechanical condition but should be stripped down and gone through thoroughly, changing seals, gaskets, etc. Traffic here is extremely heavy and the only place to regularly exceed 120 km/h is the toll roads, which are off-limits to motorcycles. Thus, the machines have not been run hard, or otherwise abused. If anything, they are full of carbon and other crud from not having been cleaned out through hard riding. I have ridden only the grey machine extensively; when I first bought it there was so much goo in the engine that it was nearly impossible to run at full throttle: great clouds of blue-black smoke poured out of the pipes. After some hard riding and hot touring it ran cleanly and smoothly, with that fine Gamma howl.

one of these motorcycles have gearbox problems, but the RG500 engine was filled with muddy water during a flash flood in early 2008 and will thus have to be disassembled completely and cleaned out.

I offer all three motorcycles (the 500 engine was removed for an overseas overhaul, but I decided not to go ahead with this) in a package, for an FOB Jakarta fixed price of USD 4000. Shipping it to Europe will most probably add a thousand dollars more in freight, insurance, customs clearance, etc.

Australia would of course be considerably less expensive.

Anyone considering acquiring this set might want to come to Indonesia in person to check them out and oversee crating and shipping personally. I’d be happy to host a buyer who wanted to come in person.

Hallo, ich bekomm‘ einmal BeschleunigungsÄNDERUNG bitte. 4-Takt? Nö, is‘ mir zu fett. Lieber da, den schön mageren 2-Takter mit Biss. Zum Mitnehmen? Ja bitte. Tüte? Och,'geht auch ohne gut. Dann noch von den dicken Birnen dort. Das war alles? Joh, reicht wohl für's Erste. :face_with_tongue:

• sei noch zu erwähnen,

der Verkäufer (~Jahrgang 1940/41), amerikanischer Auswanderer, war ehem. (glaube auch GP-Fahrer und) TT-Fahrer Seite an Seite mit Hailwood und Agostini und später Motorsportjournalist, sieht ein wenig aus wie der Saigonkämpfer aus einer der TV-Serien, hat einen Makakken als Haustier, der beim Mopedfahren entweder auf dem Lenkrad oder auf den Schultern platz nimmt. :nuts:
    Für Benzinreden sollte mehr als gesorgt sein!

Gruß
    Carsten

Hallo, ich bekomm‘ einmal BeschleunigungsÄNDERUNG bitte. 4-Takt? Nö, is‘ mir zu fett. Lieber da, den schön mageren 2-Takter mit Biss. Zum Mitnehmen? Ja bitte. Tüte? Och,'geht auch ohne gut. Dann noch von den dicken Birnen dort. Das war alles? Joh, reicht wohl für's Erste. :face_with_tongue:

• Zitat

Original von Carsten (Aachen-germany)
    Hallo zusammen,

bitte nur bei ernsthaftem Kaufinteresse melden, stelle gerne den Kontakt her...

:D :nuts: :respekt:

• Bin so frei und stelle schon mal ein Bild vom Makaken rein.
    Makaken nemen heel wat 'democratische' beslissingen. Dat hebben Franse onderzoekers van de onnderzoeksgroep CNRS vastgesteld bij twee groepen van deze apensoort in een Indonesisch park. De dieren werden vier maanden lang met camera's gevolgd. Het Britse vakblad New Scientist bericht in zijn jongste editie over het onderzoek.

• meine güte nager, wieviele accounts hast du denn noch? :nuts:

aber is n sehr schönes makakenbild.

• Zitat

Original von lächerlich
    Bin so frei und stelle schon mal ein Bild vom Makaken rein.
    Makaken nemen heel wat 'democratische' beslissingen. Dat hebben Franse onderzoekers van de onnderzoeksgroep CNRS vastgesteld bij twee groepen van deze apensoort in een Indonesisch park. De dieren werden vier maanden lang met camera's gevolgd. Het Britse vakblad New Scientist bericht in zijn jongste editie over het onderzoek.

Wenn du auf den Bild bist, dann Hand weg von Munde, ich verstehe kein Wort!! :mecker:
    Also sprich Deutsch (oder Französich)!!